- One of the world’s largest and most efficient producers of farmed salmon.
- Farming activity along the coast of Norway from Møre og Romsdal in the south to Troms og Finnmark in the north
- Central Norway (PO 5-7): License capacity 89,173 MAB tons
- Northern Norway (PO10-13): License capacity 74,336 MAB tons
- Significant harvesting and processing activity locally in Norway
- InnovaMar, our main facility is co-located with the main office on Frøya in Trøndelag
- InnovaNor, on Senja in Northern Norway
- Vikenco, at Aukra in Møre og Romsdal
- SalmoSea, at Rørvik in Trøndelag
- Pioneer in the development of offshore farming through SalMar Aker Ocean and the project Arctic Offshore Farming
- Owns 51% Icelandic Salmon AS, which owns 100% of Arnarlax Ehf.
- Icelands largest salmon farmer, located in the Westfjords of Iceland
- Owns 50% of Norskott Havbruk AS, which owns 100% of Scottish Sea Farms Ltd
- Great Britain’s second-largest salmon farmer
- Production of atlantic salmong in Scotland, Shetland and Orkney Islands
Vision: In 2014, to reinforce our focus on the elements that have made SalMar the company it is today, a new vision was adopted that will henceforth guide our steps: “Passion for Salmon”.
Although SalMar continues to pursue its stated aim of cost leadership, it is moving from a focus on outcomes to a focus on performance. We aim for excellence at all levels and in all aspects of our operation to ensure sustainable growth on the terms of the salmon.