- One of the world’s largest and most efficient producers of farmed salmon.
- Owns 100 licenses for marine production of Atlantic salmon in Norway;
- 68 licenses in the Company’s principal producing region in Mid-Norway (Trøndelag and Nordmøre)
- 32 licenses in Northern-Norway through SalMar’s wholly owned subsidiary SalMar Nord AS.
- Owns 50% of Norskott Havbruk AS, which owns 100% of Scottish Sea Farms Ltd, Great Britain’s second-largest salmon farmer with production capacity in excess of 30,000 tonnes gutted weight.
- Operates a comprehensive VAP activity, co-located with the Company’s main office at Frøya in Sør-Trøndelag.
- Vision: In 2014, to reinforce our focus on the elements that have made SalMar the company it is today, we have adopted a new vision that will henceforth guide our steps: “Passion for Salmon”.
Although SalMar continues to pursue its stated aim of cost leadership, it is moving from a focus on outcomes to a focus on performance. We aim for excellence at all levels and in all aspects of our operation.